The Public Policy Center is proud to co-sponsor this event with the UI Center for Human Rights.
Noon -opening remarks - Paul Pate, Iowa Secretary of State
12:10 - 1:00pm - Keynote "Protecting the Right to Vote in 2020" - Sophia Kin Latin, National Deputy Director, Voting Rights Project ACLU
1:15 - 2:30pm - "In Conversation: Barriers to Voting and How We Can Overcome Them" - Deidre DeJear, Moderator
2:45 - 4:00pm - Voting in Iowa: Know Your Rights Training and Q&A
- Reyma McCoy McDeid, Central Iowa Center for Independent Living
- Nick Salazar, Iowa State Director, LULAC
- Kameron Middlebrooks, Former NAACP Regional Field Director, Minority Business Coordinator for Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
- Daniel Zeno, Policy and Advocacy Director, ACLU Iowa
- Travis Weipert, Johnson County Auditor
More information here.