Iowa Family Planning Demonstration Evaluation Final Report: February 2006-June 2017
The State of Iowa ended the 1115 Family Planning Demonstration effective June 30, 2017. The waiver provided family planning services to men and women 12–54 years of age with income not exceeding 300% of the Federal poverty level (FPL) for the family size. FPD contained the objectives listed below.
- Improve the access to and use of Medicaid family planning services by women who have received a Medicaid pregnancy related service.
- Improve birth outcomes and the health of women by increasing the child spacing interval among women in the target population.
- Decrease the number of Medicaid-paid deliveries, which will reduce annual expenditures for prenatal, delivery newborn, and infant care.
- Reduce the number of unintended and unwanted pregnancies among women eligible for Medicaid.
- Reduce teen pregnancy by reducing the number of repeat teen births.
- Estimate the overall savings in Medicaid spending attributable to providing family planning services to women for 2 years postpartum.