Building Undergraduate Student Research Experiences
The Public Policy Center (PPC), in collaboration with the Office of Undergraduate Research, is pleased to offer funding for faculty who would like to hire an undergraduate student(s) to assist with their research. Up to three awards will be made for the 2025 Academic Year, up to $2,000 each per year (or $1,000 per semester).
The goals of the grant are twofold:
- Provide faculty with more capacity for their research
- Create more opportunities for undergraduate students to be involved in research
Funding may be used for the following expenses specific to the project:
- Remuneration for student personnel
- Other appropriate expenses, which may include:
- Data collection, survey development support (available via the ISRC)
- Software, supplies
- Research participant payments
The Public Policy Center and the Iowa Social Science Research Center (ISRC) can provide support at no cost for:
- Learning/sharing sessions for faculty on how to effectively engage undergraduates in research
- Assistance in finding interested, eligible, underserved students in the UI community
- Connection to our campus partner, the Office of Undergraduate Research
- Grant development and submission support
Applications for Building Undergraduate Student Research Experiences are currently closed.
For more information on the PPC's Building Undergraduate Student Research Experiences, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.